Best Time to Visit
November to March
Tips for a “Pleasant Trip”
- Silence is the golden rule and it yields good results in the field.
- Be inquisitive and develop an eye for birds. Do not disturb birds.
- It is always better to carry a camera, a binocular and a field guide book to identify the birds
- Visit within the specified timings. Entry beyond these timings is treated as trespass and may invite legal action.
- Wear camouflaged or dull colored clothes. Bright colored clothing make your presence noticed by birds and tend to scare them away
- Use shoes with hard soles and good grip
- Don’t litter the sanctuary.
- Use dustbins and always carry your leftovers back
- Be sensitive to the needs of other visitors.
- Consumption of liquor is a punishable offence inside the sanctuary
- Do not carry firearms.
- They may be confiscated
- Indulge in socially acceptable activities only in the Sanctuary.
- Drive vehicles slowly.
- Blowing of horns, playing loud music, making fire, throwing stones is strictly prohibited.