Longitude in Uttar Pradesh.
28°33'56.3" N Latitude and 77°18'56.6" E
Longitude in Delhi.
28°32'43.5" N Latitude and 77°18'41.7" E
More than 324 bird species are reported from Okhla out of this about 50% are migratory birds and a 36% are resident birds and others are vagrant sightings or of unknown category. Forty percent of the total birds are common locally and the rest are uncommon or rare. The total bird list includes two Critically Endangered, nine vulnerable, seven Near Threatened and one Conservation Dependent species. At a closer look it can be seen that 50% of the birds reported are migratory.
How to reach
- From New Delhi Railway Station 20 km by road.
- From Old Delhi Railway Station 21 km by road.
- From Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station10 km by road.
- From Connaught Place to Botanical Garden station by Metro; 30 min travel and then 3 km on road by 3-wheeler or cycle rickshaw
- From Air Port 25 km by road.
- From ISBT Kashmeri Gate25 km by road.